Monday 13 June 2011

Ooty, What a Beauty !!!

Well, I had been to Ooty, when I was a kid. It was really hard for me to remember what all happened at that time. So, this time I forced my parents to let me go to Ooty (Alone, there lies the fun part!) and Bangalore. Udhagamandalam ,Ooty as it is shortly known as, is The Beautiful Station in South India. It is also known as The Queen of Hill Stations- Capital of Nilgiris. Very famous for it's permanent cold climate, Tea estates and Vegetation. You don't have a direct train to reach Ooty, so I took a train ( Cheran ) to Coimbatore(CBE) situated very near to this place. From there, 3-4 hours journey in car to Ooty via Coonoor. It's really very hard for a person who hail from chennai- born and brought up with that high temperature in weather, suddenly face this cold weather. I found it a bit uncomfortable while travelling on those mountains in the car, that was the first time ever I experienced bleed from my nose (weird one), dizziness, and vomitting sensation.
                      Now, I land in Ooty. Whoa! Seriously must call it aloud "Ooty- What a Beauty!" . You can't find anything straight or flat – you must be an expert for driving a car over there, because all roads are constructed on those  hilly mountains. I reached there at around three, my first sight seeing visit was to the Boat House- house made of a boat ??No. It’s not what you think. Boat house is a place where you can see mostly tourists riding on their selected boats, (according to their payment and number of members) in the lake. Next, my aunt and cousin took me to this Maariyaman Temple and then to these never ending streets of  Most Famous Ooty Bazaar (Market). I was very surprised to see a house without any fan in any room , there is no need of fans even during summer season, in fact they say it rains a lot only during summer – they use  heaters instead of AC in cars and in places like ice cream parlours etc. But, make sure you wear at least one sweater when you go to sleep, don’t make a mistake like me. Though my stay in Ooty was only for two days, I made sure that I had a chance to go to all those important places in Ooty  like Doddabeta- famously known as the view point , where you can see the full landscape and hilly terrains of whole Udhagamandalam. Botanical Garden , where very famous flower shows are conducted over there – all kinds of flowers are grown here and it looks really very vibrant and colourful , taking pictures with these flowers makes you look dull, so bright they were. I always wanted to have an ice cream in Ooty, so here’s the place I did fulfill my wish having one ice cream and playing with bubbles (sometimes, these things makes you feel very happy too!). I thought only these flowers were bright and vibrant, even vegetables which were sold on every corner of the turnings were much brighter, the carrot was very sweet in taste.
Ooty is the only place (till date) in my life I’ve seen with so much of trees and they conserve a lot , in few places you can see these boards saying “ YOU  BREATHE  BECAUSE  OF  ME,  BUT I SUFFOCATE  BECAUSE  OF  YOU” . Rose Garden was a flop plan , before we could reach those main part of that place, it started raining. I always use to wonder what is so special about Ooty’s  home-made chocolates ? I proved myself wrong after I got so tempted to those Milk chocolates. As everybody , even I got one full box of different chocolates- one amazing thing is that they don’t use plastics instead they always use brown coloured paper bags, which made me really very happy and much more satisfied about this trip.
                At this moment, I feel proud to say that I hail from the Indian State of Tamil Nadu where  Ooty  is one of its main tourist spot. Don’t miss a chance. Be like me , I adamantly went to Ooty  just to have an ice cream  and a hot cup of  both normal and black tea in that cold place , just to know how it feels like.

@ the View Point

Vegetables, Bright and Fresh.


Botanical Garden.

1 comment: